SPORTS MANAGEMENT MASTER’S DEGREE
Ranked the No.1 Sports Management Masters in the world by the independent Eduniversal rankings, The AISTS Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration and Technology degree is a unique 15-month international postgraduate program in sports management.
Endorsed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the program is located in Lausanne, Switzerland – The Olympic Capital – home to the IOC, over 50+ international sporting federations, and FIFA and UEFA are just a short distance away. By studying at AISTS you are truly immersed in the global world of sport.
The AISTS degree is co-signed by some of the best academic and technology institutes in Switzerland.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 NOW OPEN
Applications for the class of 2021 are now open (the course starts in September 2020).
FOUNDED BY THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE
“As the sports industry grows increasingly larger and more complex, it requires the skills and acumen of a growing number of experts trained in all aspects of sports management, including human, life and engineering sciences.
“The not-for-profit AISTS was established by the IOC and other respected organisations and academic institutions to respond directly to this need.
“AISTS routinely produces highly-trained graduates, many of whom have gone on to play leading roles in the world of sport, and offers leading expertise and technical services to a wide range of key players inside and outside the Olympic Movement,” Thomas Bach, President of the International Olympic Committee.
MEET OUR ALUMNI
Watch the video below to hear from alumni now working at FIFA, the IOC, UEFA, FISU and more.
WHO IS THE AISTS DEGREE FOR?
The AISTS degree is targeted at candidates who have a university degree and previous work experience but wish to re-orientate their career in the sports industry. Our participants have an international background, an average of 4 years work experience and a passion for sport.
Experience in the sports industry is therefore not a prerequisite but experiences related to sport is needed – e.g. athlete, volunteer, member of sport event organising committee, member of club’s committee, journalism in sport, coaching etc.
International level athletes who participated in world championships, Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games are also welcome to the program and can apply for a scholarship.
To ensure a personalised, interactive environment, the program is limited to 35-40 participants and we always strive to have an equal gender balance within each class.
WHAT MAKES THE AISTS DEGREE UNIQUE?
- The strong connection with the Olympic Movement
- The location of Lausanne, as Olympic Capital
- The academic weight of having three prestigious universities co-sign the degree
- The multi-disciplinary approach provides individuals a 360° view of sport management
- The rich network of over 100+ lecturers and speakers
WHAT IS THE FOCUS OF THE AISTS MAS IN SPORT ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM?
Held in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital, participants are trained by experts in sport and academics, in the following multidisciplinary fields applied directly to sport.
- Management & Economics
Our program includes 9 months in the classroom (lectures, case studies, activities and field trips), 2 months of work experience in the sports industry, with the rest of the time spent on a client team project and research paper. For more information see the 2020 syllabus here.
There are approximately 35 to 45 participants accepted each year and the application requirements are as follows:
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor or Master degree recognised by Swiss universities, in any field of study
- If an applicant has a Bachelor (not a Masters) they must have a minimum five-years, full-time experience in the sports industry. Experiences as an athlete, member of sport event organising committee, member of club’s committee, journalists in sport, or coaching can all be counted
- If an applicant has a Master degree, they do not require any professional work experience, but two years of experiences related to sport (athlete, coach, event organiser, volunteer, sport club committee member, sport journalist etc)
- Applicants must be fluent in English as all lectures are given in English
- Applicants must complete the online application form and attach all requested documentation
- Applicants must be able to finance both their studies and their cost of living in Lausanne