AISTS Master Scholarships
The AISTS Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration and Technology program attracts aspiring sport managers from all over the world and from all walks of life.
There are four scholarships available for the next AISTS Master in Sport Administration & Technology edition, starting in September 2022:
- AISTS Athlete Scholarship (covering 50% tuition)
- AISTS Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship (covering 50% tuition)
- AISTS Swiss Olympic Scholarship (covering 93% tuition)
- AISTS Partner University Scholarships (covering 93% tuition)
Applications for scholarships are open until 31 March 2022 and the decision will be communicated in April 2022.
AISTS ATHLETE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship has a value of CHF 14’950 (50% of the tuition fee) and will be available to a current or former athlete who has competed at international levels, such as participation in the Olympic Games, World Championships, Commonwealth Games
Previous recipients of the AISTS Athlete Scholarship include:
- Toni Wilhelm, Wind Surfing, Olympian – MAS 2013
- Nikki Symmons, Hockey, International Athlete – MAS 2014
- Enee Udo-Obong, Athletics, Olympian – MAS 2014
- Christine Jennings, Open Water Swimming, International Athlete – MAS 2016
- David Wardle, Squash, International Athlete – MAS 2017
- Thomas Roos, Triathlon, International Athlete – MAS 2018
- Roberto Pitta, Beach Volleyball, International Athlete – MAS 2019
- Marc Mundell, Race Walking, Olympian – MAS 2020
- Yasmeen Shabshough, Football, National Athlete – MAS 2021
- Sebastian Peri Brusa, Sailor, International Athlete and Coach – MAS 2022
- Elisa Hämmerle, Olympian – MAS 2022
Candidates must fulfil all requirements for selection into the MAS in Sport Administration & Technology program and will need to demonstrate the capacity to support the costs of living in Lausanne, ‘The Olympic Capital‘, (estimated at CHF 2’400 per month, including accommodation), and cost of travel to Switzerland and back to the country of residence. Applications will be treated confidentially. The decision of the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration & Technology Scientific Committee is final.
In order to apply for the AISTS scholarship, you must fill out the online application form in which you will be asked to submit the following information and supporting documents:
- Expected financial support for all study induced expenses (incl. travel to Switzerland and back, housing, transportation and other additional costs of living).
Examples of financial support: own earnings/savings, own assets, family (incl. spouse/partner) income, family (incl. spouse/partner) assets, next-of-kin/friends, your government, agencies & foundations, bank loan.
You will be asked to specify the expected total amount of financial support for all study induced expenses during the whole AISTS Master in Sport Administration & Technology program in USD. Please note that you must provide documentation to verify your income and assets by either submitting a tax form, statement of an employer or other documents (e.g. bank statement)
- Include supporting documentation confirming your sporting achievements.
Please note that you must provide documentation to verify your sporting achievements. Examples of supporting documentation could be an extract of your official results, an attestation from a NOC or IF.
- Include a motivation letter to your scholarship application (1 to 2 pages). This letter must be different from your motivation letter submitted with your application to the AISTS Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration & Technology general application.
Please note that the online application process cannot be paused and continued at a later stage. Therefore you will need to ensure that you have all of the supporting documents ready for submission when starting the online application process.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must fulfil the following application requirements:
- Apply for the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration & Technology program via the online application form
- Be a current or former international athlete
- Provide proof of ability to support cost of living in Lausanne
All candidates for the AISTS Athlete Scholarship must submit both applications, for the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration & Technology program and the scholarship, by 31 March 2022. You will be considered for the scholarship after being successfully accepted into the program.
PLEASE NOTE: The awarding of the Athlete Scholarship is not guaranteed, and the decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to review.
AISTS FUTURE FEMALE LEADER IN SPORT SCHOLARSHIP
It’s no secret that there is a lack of women in leadership positions within the sport industry. We’re proud to offer the AISTS Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship, to help address this imbalance and assist an inspiring woman in achieving her goals within the industry.
Open to applicants globally, the scholarship is valued at CHF 14’950, which covers 50% of the AISTS Master in Sport Administration (MAS) and Technology tuition fee.
What are we looking for?
At AISTS we believe in ‘sport for all’ and understand the power that sport can have to change lives. The AISTS Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship will be awarded to a woman who clearly demonstrates how she is an ambassador for sport, and a role model for others.
- How have you been a role model for others within the world of sport? How will you continue to be a role model for others in the future?
- How do you plan to encourage other women to work in sport?
- As part of your role as female scholarship recipient, you would need to act as an ambassador for AISTS. This will include volunteering at events, taking part in videos and social media activations, etc. Are you happy to do this?
- How else would you raise awareness of AISTS – and promote ‘sport for all’ – during your 15-months as scholarship winner?
- Female scholarship applicants will need to demonstrate the capacity to fund the additional 50% of the course, as well as support the costs of living in Lausanne (estimated at CHF 2’400 per month, including accommodation), plus the cost of travel to Switzerland and back to the country of residence. They will also need to fulfill all the requirements for the MAS.
How to apply
To apply for the scholarship, you will first need to apply for the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration & Technology program by completing the online application form.
You will need to submit a motivation letter under the ‘scholarship’ section of the application form. This personal essay should outline your short and long term goals, and how they relate to encouraging and inspiring others. Previous projects, future project ideas, volunteering, and personal motivations will all be taken into consideration.
The motivation letter for the AISTS Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship should be 1-2 pages long and address all of the points made above under ‘what we’re looking for’.
This letter must be different to the motivation letter required for your application for the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration & Technology.
Deadline to apply
All candidates for both scholarships should submit their applications by 31 March 2022. Please note that the online application process cannot be paused and continued at a later stage and that applications received on the third and final deadline on 1 June, will not be considered. Please ensure that you have all of the supporting documents ready for submission when starting the online application process.
Applicants wanting to apply for a scholarship can still apply for earlier application deadlines, but the respective scholarship will only be awarded after the dates mentioned above.
PLEASE NOTE: The awarding of the Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship is not guaranteed, and the decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to review.