Areas of specialisations are :
- International Sport Federations
Today’s society megatrends, such as shifts in global economic power, demographics, urbanization, gender equality, technology and climate change also challenge sport organisations to adapt their business and revenue models. Over the years, AISTS has provided various programs on leadership, governance and management, coaching, volunteering management and women’s development to support sport organisations in providing solutions that meet the needs of today’s society.)
The International Esports Federation (IESF): founded in 2008, the International Esports Federation (IESF) currently counts 54 member nations and holds tournaments all over the world bringing increased awareness to the sport.
The IESF seeks to standardise their programs with a particular focus being placed on one of their major development pillars – the International Esports Referee Academy (to be launched in 2019).
Having already identified a Refereeing Commission, the IESF is looking to develop a standard refereeing program throughout the world, taking as benchmark existing refereeing systems from other International Sports Federations’ (IF).
To support with this task, the International Academy of Sport Science and Technology (AISTS) worked with the IESF focusing on the following objectives:
- Identifying the referee structure being used by various IFs (e.g. National, Continental and International levels);
- Identifying Referee Training Processes (such as courses, programs and overall education systems) from various IFs;
- Benchmarking current educational programs/platforms offered to ensure the best solution in terms of the ongoing quality of referees particularly for esports.
The Solution: The IFs selected for this study were from five different sports. The responsible individual for referee programs at each of the IFs was interviewed, and the information gathered was assembled into case studies highlighting the main aspects of their refereeing systems.
The Final Result: The information collected was then summarised and synthesised in order to provide recommendations for the development and structure of the IESF’s International Refereeing System.
International Sport Federations
The AISTS has close partnerships with many international federations in the fields of applied research, education, training, knowledge transfer and consulting. Being situated in the heart of the Olympic Capital the AISTS is in daily contact with various International Federations through our master’s program and also through our various services. We are situated minutes from the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee and also the Maison du Sport, the “Home of International Sport”.
Some of the International sport federations we closely collaborate include:
- FINA (International Swimming Federation)
- FIVB (International Volleyball Federation)
- ICF (International Canoe Federation)
- World Athletics
- World Archery
- UCI (International Cycling Union)
- ISU (International Skating Union)
- FIG (International Gymnastics Federation)
- UEFA (Union of European Football Associations)
Some of the International sporting bodies we collaborate with include:
- International Olympic Committee
- National Olympic Committees
- Local Organising Committees
Some of the sport-related companies we partner with include:
- City of Richmond
- Shankai Sports
- Singapore Sports Hub
- CSM Live
- AXA XL
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.