Anyone who loves sports combined with enjoying aspects of business might be considering the benefits of a degree in sports management.
So where is the best place to study your professional sporting goals?
One of the best locations to work towards your professional sporting goals is the breathtaking city of Lausanne, Switzerland, known as the Olympic Capital.
Join our experts in sports technology and innovation here at AISTS to discover why Lausanne is such a special place to study sports management.
So we can discover more about studying sports management in Lausanne, Switzerland, let’s begin with a little background as to what sports management is.
What is sports management?
If you want to study sports management in a city that is at the centre of the global sports scene, Lausanne is a perfect choice.
With world-class facilities, universities and events, you will have everything you need to get ahead in your career in sports management.
But what is sports management? Sports management is a broad field that covers everything from event management and marketing to finance and player development.
A degree in sports management can lead to a career in several different areas within the sports industry.
Sports management covers a broad spectrum of studies including:
- Event management
- Business administration
- Sport sociology
With a degree in sports management, you can pursue a career in:
- Sports marketing and event promotion
- Coaching and athlete development
- Sports administration
- Recreation management
- Sporting goods sales and marketing
- Sports information and media
Sports management is a broad field that covers everything from event management and marketing to finance and player development.
Why come to Lausanne to study sports management?
Lausanne is famous for its vibrant student life. Here you can find everything your need to live an exceptional student lifestyle.
There are many bars and clubs in the city centre, as well as a lively cultural scene. The city is also home to several museums and art galleries.
Whether you’re looking for exciting nightlife, world-class museums and art galleries, or beautiful scenery, Lausanne has it all!
Lausanne is located on the shores of Lake Geneva and is surrounded by the Alps, so you can enjoy stunning views all year round.
Studying sports management in Lausanne also allows you to take part in a wide range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, skiing, and sailing.
So if you’re looking for an unforgettable experience, Switzerland is the perfect place for you!
Lausanne’s Higher Education Institutions
The city of Lausanne is home to many higher education institutions, including the renowned Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL).
EPFL is one of the world’s leading universities for Science and Technology and is ranked among the top 10 universities in Europe.
Lausanne is also home to the University of Lausanne, one of Switzerland’s leading universities.
Not only that, Lausanne is the Mecca of sports as it’s also the Olympic capital.
Why study sports management in the Olympic capital?
There are many reasons to study sports management in Lausanne, Switzerland. Here are just a few:
- Lausanne is home to the International Olympic Committee, making it the perfect place to learn about the business of sports and so students interested in a career in sports will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business.
- The Swiss education system is world-renowned, and a degree from a Swiss university will be highly respected by employers.
- Switzerland is a beautiful country with a great quality of life. Lausanne is located on the shores of Lake Geneva, and students will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors during their studies.
- Lausanne is a cosmopolitan city, and students will have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
- The cost of living in Switzerland is high, but Lausanne is a relatively affordable city compared to other Swiss cities.
- There are many top sports organizations headquartered in Lausanne, so students will have the opportunity to intern with or work for some of the biggest names in the industry.
- Lausanne is also home to the International Olympic Committee,
- Sports management programmes in Lausanne are among the best in the world, and graduates will be prepared for successful careers in the industry.
There are many top sports organizations headquartered in Lausanne, so students will have the opportunity to intern with or work for some of the biggest names in the industry.
This stunning city has been the host of several international sports competitions, events and conferences, including:
- Youth Olympic Games
- FIBA 3X3
- THE SPOT
- iWorkinSport Job Fair
- Anti-doping seminars (iNADO workshop, WADA annual symposium)
Why study sports management at AISTS in Lausanne, Switzerland
AISTS is the only institution in the world to offer a Master’s degree in Sports Management and Technology.
We are also consistently ranked the world’s number 1 master in sport management programmes.
Located in the Olympic Capital, Lausanne, Switzerland, AISTS is at the heart of the international sports network.
With over 20 years of experience, our team of experts will provide you with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the sports industry.
At AISTS, we believe that sports have the power to change the world.
Our mission is to educate, innovate and connect leaders in sports, and our students come from all over the world to learn from the best.
If you’re interested in a career in sports management, AISTS in Lausanne, Switzerland here are some great reasons:
- We’re located in the Olympic Capital: Lausanne is the perfect location to study sports management. Why? Because it’s the home of the International Olympic Committee and more than 40 international sports federations. If you want to learn from the best and be at the heart of the sports industry, there’s no better place than Lausanne.
- Be prepared for a career in sports: After completing your degree, you’ll be ready to take on a leadership role in the sports industry. Our graduates have gone on to work for organisations such as the International Olympic Committee, FIFA, and UEFA.
- World-class education: AISTS is the only institution in Switzerland that offers a Master’s degree in Sports Management. Our programme is accredited by the International Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) and the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), which means that it meets the highest standards in sports education.
- Access to world-class facilities: AISTS is located in the Olympic Capital, which means you’ll have access to some of the best sports facilities in the world. You’ll be able to use these facilities for your studies and also have the opportunity to intern with local sporting organizations.
- Benefit from experienced faculty: AISTS has a team of experienced faculty members, who are experts in their field. You’ll be able to learn from them and also get advice on your career.
- You’ll gain practical experience: At AISTS, we believe in hands-on learning. That’s why our programme includes a six-month internship, giving you the chance to put your theoretical knowledge into practice in the real world.
- You’ll make lifelong friends: When you study at AISTS, you’ll become part of a close-knit community of students from all over the world. You’ll make friends for life and build an international network that will benefit you throughout your career.
- You’ll experience Swiss culture: Lausanne is a beautiful city located in the heart of Switzerland. When you’re not in class, you can explore the city’s many museums and parks, or take a trip to the nearby Alps. Lausanne is also home to a vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of bars and clubs to enjoy.
Our mission is to educate, innovate and connect leaders in sports.
To finish on…
We hope that our informative article has given you all the best reasons to come to Lausanne in Switzerland and kick-start your career in sports management.
From networking with some of the greatest names in the industry to world-class education, breathtaking scenery and a bustling, thriving student lifestyle Lausanne should be top of your wish list.
Use your degree to make a positive impact on the sports world and follow the tradition of many of the most well-known sporting names and professionals by studying sports management in Lausanne, Switzerland.