What is the Sustainable Sport & Events Toolkit?
The SSE Toolkit is an initiative developed by the AISTS and VANOC, the Vancouver Organising Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
Principal Supporting Partner:
About the SSE Toolkit
- Olympic Movement Agenda 21
- IOC Guide on Sport, Environment, and Sustainable Development
- ISO 14001-14006 on Environmental Management Systems (ISO-Organisation for Standardisation)
- ISO 26000 on Social Responsibility
- ISO 20121 – Event Sustainability Management System
- CSA Z2010 Requirements and Guidance for Organizers of Sustainable Events (Canadian Standards Association)
- GRI G4 Sustainable Reporting Guidelines (GRI-Global Reporting Initiative)
- SMRS (Vancouver 2010 Sustainability Management and Reporting System)
Case Study - City of Richmond
The City of Richmond successfully implemented the SSE Toolkit in 2016. To enhance the ability of event organisers to host sustainable events within the City of Richmond they simplified the AISTS SSE Toolkit to a manageable and easy to use 'Richmond Sustainable Event 7-Step Quick Guide'.