KHALID AL MAFLAHI
6 years’ experience in Sport Development and Events in the Middle East within both government and university organisations
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Coaching and Sport Development, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, United Kingdom
LANGUAGES: English, Arabic
Assistant Director of Intercollegiate Athletics & External Sports Relations, New York University Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Assisted in the development of the Abu Dhabi
Inter UniversityLeague and secured financial support
- Worked on delivering the first ‘NYU Sports & Society’ conference in Abu Dhabi
- Engaged local youth sports clubs with NYU sporting events as part of the ‘Engaging with the community’ initiative
Team Sports Coordinator, Abu Dhabi Sports Council, U.A.E.
- Member of the Abu Dhabi group responsible for hosting the U-17 FIFA World Cup 2013
- Organized and led delegation of football players and a coach for a
2 weektraining camp at Valencia C.F.
- Committee member of the U.A.E. sports club licensing program, since its establishment in 2012
- Received the ‘Abu Dhabi Ambassador’ certificate from the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority
- Team Service Coordinator for the U-17 FIFA World Cup
SKILLS: Business Development, Coaching, Events, Leadership, Management, Media
SPORTS: Basketball, Boxing, Football, Running, Volleyball