Can I work in Switzerland on my student visa?

No. The student permit does not substitute as a work permit. To fulfil the 8-week work experience/internship required to get your degree, an employer will need to submit a “convention du stage” or internship agreement (signed between the AISTS, the participant and the employer) as well as some additional paperwork to the local employment office to obtain a temporary work permit.