AISTS SUSTAINABLE SPORT & EVENTS
ONLINE OPEN MODULE (2 DAYS)
CAN EVENTS EVER BE PLASTIC FREE?
2ND – 3RD OF APRIL, 2020. (This is an online course.)
Over two days, the SSE Open Module will tackle this question and many more. It will provide concrete examples of what leading sports organisations, such as the Olympic Games, Formula E and North-American leagues are doing to make their events sustainable.
The module will be delivered online. Registered participants will receive an invitation with a personal link for online participation.
Participants will learn from the speakers and from each other about the various ways of integrating sustainability into the core of their businesses, be it a temporary endeavor such as an event or in their daily operations.
Discussions throughout the two days will challenge the existing ideas of sustainability in sport, with a particular focus on the business case for sustainability while simultaneously addressing the demands of multiple stakeholders.
Join an international class of 35-40 participants and a network of like-minded professionals to hear from industry experts from the IOC, NHL, Formula E, Volvo Ocean Race, Quantis and more.
- To incorporate the concept of legacy as the first step into a sustainable event
- To gain a solid understanding of the fundamental ideas behind sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- To understand how sporting events positively or negatively impacts society
- To understand how to balance social equity, environmental integrity and economic efficiency in a sports event
- To understand how sustainability and CSR can be integrated into strategic planning for any given sports organisation
- To acquire tools to plan and manage sport events with regards to sustainability
- To develop the capability to build and implement a sustainability or CSR initiative for a sporting event using the five phases of the GRI sustainability reporting process
- To develop knowledge of how to prepare a sustainability report for a small to medium-sized event
JOIN US – CHF 480
SSE will take place online.
Priced at CHF 480, the fee includes:
- Course materials
- Certificate of Completion
Book your Online tickets here.
IFs, NFs & NOC Discount: Employees of International and National Sports Federations and National Olympic Committees receive a discount off the AISTS SSE online open module fee.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you are eligible for the discount.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Participants are professional, part-time or volunteer managers and organisers of international sports events, as well as staff from sport federations, corporate sponsors and organising committees looking to successfully incorporate Sustainability into events for further competitive advantage.
Previous participants who have attended the seminar have come from FIFA, FIH, ICF, IAAF, FIE, FIVB, Formula E, Federation of Gay Games, Hong Kong Jockey Club and the World Economic Forum.