AISTS Swiss Olympic Scholarship
The AISTS and Swiss Olympic are offering a merit-based scholarship to graduates from a university recognized by EPFL (one of the AISTS partner universities) to participate in the 2022/2023 edition of the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Sport Administration and Technology programme in Lausanne.
AISTS Swiss Olympic Scholarship (covering 93% tuition)
The scholarship is worth CHF 28,000, which covers the bulk of the total programme fees being CHF 29,900. The remaining balance of CHF 1,900 is to be paid by the successful applicant.
Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for the MAS programme (find out more about the eligibility), as well as be in possession of:
- a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, obtained at a university recognized by EPFL (one of the AISTS partner universities). In case of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 5 years proven experience in a sports field (athletes, coaching, organisation of sports events, management of sports clubs, start-ups, etc) is required; in case of a Master’s degree, a minimum of 2 years is required.
- a recommendation from Swiss Olympic and be the bearer of a project* supported by Swiss Olympic allowing the scholarship holder to carry out, during the Master’s programme, his/her personal research work under the supervision of the professor concerned, as well as his/her internship of at least 2 months in direct collaboration with Swiss Olympic, within a sports organisation as agreed with Swiss Olympic;
- Swiss nationality.
*The project must be summarised in a two-page document and have been validated by the Swiss Olympic, which will provide a letter of recommendation attached to the project description.
How to apply
Deadline to apply
All candidates for the AISTS Swiss Olympic scholarship should submit their applications by 1 June 2022. Please ensure that you have all of the supporting documents ready for submission when starting the online application process.
Applicants wanting to apply for an AISTS Swiss Olympic Scholarship can still apply for earlier application deadlines, but the respective scholarship will only be awarded after the dates mentioned above.
PLEASE NOTE: The awarding of the Scholarships is not guaranteed, and the decision of the scholarship selection committee is final and not subject to review.
- Application for the programme
- and the scholarship: 1 June 2022
- Decision on the application and the scholarship: 15 July 2022
- Start of the 2021/2022 courses: September 2022
- End of the course period: 2 July 2023
- Start of the internship period: 5 July 2023
- End of the programme and graduation ceremony: December 2023