AISTS announces new Partner University Scholarships
The AISTS is offering two merit-based scholarships to graduates from its partner universities (EPFL, University of Lausanne, University of Geneva and EHL) to participate in the 2021/2022 edition of the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in Sport Administration and Technology program.
Both scholarships are worth CHF 28,000, which covers the bulk of the total program fees being CHF 29,900. The remaining balance of CHF 1,900 is to be paid by the successful applicant.
By launching these two new scholarships, the AISTS is further strengthening its relationship with partner universities as well as enhancing joint research and development in the field of sports.
Ranked the No.1 Sports Management Masters in the world since 2015 by the independent eduniversal rankings, the AISTS applies a multidisciplinary approach to the understanding of sport by integrating the sciences of management, economics, law, sociology, medicine, as well as technology and engineering sciences.
The program comprises of 9 months of lectures, including case studies, a client team project, personal research project and is concluded with a sports related internship of 2 months. Across the period of the course participants will be invited to attend conferences, sport events, visits to International sport federations, including IOC etc. Numerous experts including professional athletes from the sports industry form part of the class, sharing their experience in the field, and complementing the academic teachings of the university professors.
AISTS currently holds a global network of plus 650 alumni holding professional roles throughout the sporting spectrum and represented in many sectors of sport in Switzerland and across all continents: from international sports federations, organising committees of major sports events, sports equipment industries, marketing and sponsoring agencies, start-ups, etc. These include IOC, FIFA, UEFA, FIS, Tokyo 2020 and Paris 2024 Olympic Games, Free Ride World Tour, Nike, Adidas, Swiss Timing, InFront Sports & Media, PlayfulVision etc.
The conditions for the award of these specific scholarships are as follows:
Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for the MAS program (see https://aists.org/education/master-degree/am-i-eligible/ ), as well as be in possession of:
- a Master’s degree obtained from one of the AISTS partner universities (EPFL, University of Lausanne, University of Geneva, EHL)
- a convincing experience in a field that is or can be applied to sport
- a project* supported by a professor from one of the partner universities, enabling the scholarship holder to carry out, during the Master’s program, his/her personal research work under the supervision of the professor concerned, as well as his/her internship of at least 2 months in direct collaboration with the university concerned, within this university or an organisation, company or start-up linked to sport.
*The project must be summarised in a two-page document and must have been validated by the professor at the university concerned, who will provide a letter of recommendation attached to the project summary.
The decision to award the two scholarships is taken by the program’s scientific committee.
- Application for the program and the scholarship: 1 June 2021
- Decision on the application and the scholarship: 15 July 2021
- Start of the 2021/2022 courses: 21 September 2021
- End of the course period: 2 July 2022
- Start of the internship period: 5 July 2022
- End of the program and graduation ceremony: December 2022