In a few words...
The AISTS's mission is to bring a positive contribution to the management of sport through post-graduate and executive education, as well as applied research, by developing, integrating and delivering knowledge from human sciences, life sciences and engineering sciences.
The AISTS applies a multidisciplinary approach to postgraduate education, continuing professional education, and applied research in sport.
The AISTS focuses its activities on three key pillars:
Education; developing higher education in sports through adapted programmes.
Applied Research, studies, expertise and consulting; providing knowledge and expertise to sport stakeholders by applying a multi-disciplinary approach
Connections; acting as a connector inside the world of sport as well as an interface connecting actors outside the sports domain with sport stakeholders.
What are the objectives of the AISTS?
• To design, develop, administer, and run educational sports programmes, in particular for sport leaders and sport managers
• To conduct studies and mandates
• To provide consulting services at regional, national and international levels
• To interface between sport federations and research institutions
• To facilitate sport innovation and technology transfer
• To promote Lausanne, the Olympic Capital and its areas as an international hub for sports institutions
Why is the AISTS so unique?
• The International Olympic Committee is a founding member of AISTS foundation
• Strong links to the Olympic Movement through many projects and partnerships
• Main headquarters in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital
• Connections in the sports world
• Swiss universities with top World rankings are founding members: IMD Business School, EPFL, EHL (Lausanne Hotel School), UNIL (University of Lausanne), UNIGE (University of Geneva)
• Multidisciplinary expertise
• Scientific knowledge and real-world expertise
• Swiss quality of excellence