What is the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration?
The AISTS Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration and Technology (MAS in Sport Administration) is a unique 15-month international postgraduate programme in sports management, endorsed by the International Olympic Committee, and located in Lausanne, Switzerland.
According to the Bologna Education System, the AISTS degree is a Master of Advanced Studies (MAS). MAS programmes target meeting the needs of working professionals and as such fall in the category of continuing education or professional development.
The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration full denomination is Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration and Technology.
What makes the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration degree unique?
- The strong connection with the Olympic Movement having the International Olympic Committee, which is also a founding member of the AISTS and International Sport Federations lecture in class creates a deep understanding and appreciation of the Olympic Movement and Values
- The location of Lausanne, as Olympic Capital, with its high concentration of International Federations, the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and international sporting events like Athletissima provides the ideal setting to study sports management
- The academic weight of having three prestigious universities co-sign the degree namely the EPFL, University of Geneva and University of Lausanne.
- The multi-disciplinary approach provides individuals a 360° view of sport management with a wide range of topics covered namely Management, Law, Sociology, Technology and Medicine
- The rich network of over 140 lecturers and speakers consisting of approximately 50% academics and 50% practitioners brings theory and practice together providing a complete perspective of sports management
Who is the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration for?
The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration is targeted at candidates who have a university degree and previous work experience but wish to re-orientate their career in the sports industry.
Experience in the sports industry is therefore not a prerequisite but experiences related to sport is a plus, ie, athlete, volunteer, member of sport event organising committee, member of club’s committee, journalism in sport, coaching etc.
International level athletes who participated in world championships, Olympic Games, etc. are also welcome to the programme.
A dedicated scholarship is also offered to such athletes (see AISTS Athlete Scholarship).
To ensure a personalised, interactive environment, the programme is limited to 30-40 students.
Previous AISTS MAS in Sport Administration participant profile brochures:
What is the outline of the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration programme?
- Management & Economics
- End of September – June: Lectures and Course Assignments, Written Exams & Team Project (must be completed in Lausanne) - Full-time.
- January – August: Research Paper
August – December (of the following year): At least 8 weeks of work experience
December (of the following year): Graduation Ceremony
Which academic institutions sign the AISTS MAS in Sport Administration degree?
The AISTS MAS in Sport Administration is a 15-month full time postgraduate programme which is delivered in Lausanne, the Olympic Capital, Switzerland.
It is organised by AISTS on behalf of some of the best academic and technology institutes of Switzerland who co-sign the degree:
- UNIL (University of Lausanne)
- UNIGE (University of Geneva)
Co-signing Universities in International Rankings
- Rank #1: Times Higher Education’s world #1 ranking of the most international universities & #12 in the category Engineering & Technology (2014-2015)
- Rank #1: Best campus worldwide among universities younger than 50 years old. (Times Higher Education 2015, 2016)
- Top 20: Ranked in the overall top 20 universities and the top 10 in the field of Engineering and Technology (2014 QS – World Academic Rankings)
Top 150 best universities in the world (Source)
- 105th 2014 World University Rankings
- 136th 2014 Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings
Financial Times Ranking (Source)
- UNIL’s Master in Management ranked 26th in the 2014 Financial Times Rankings of Masters in Management programmes
Top 100 best universities in the world (Source)
- 66th 2014 Shanghai Ranking
- 85th 2014 QS – World University Rankings
Lectures take place on the EPFL Campus.
AISTS MAS in Sport Administration Syllabus Overview